Contegix is a rapidly growing hosting business that uses cutting edge technologies to provide service and support for our customers. We serve customers across multiple industry sectors and have an exciting opportunity for a technical support representative. Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
• Complete customer requests in a timely manor
• Perform as the first escalation point for customer issues
• Provide a superior customer experience through incident and request management
• Ensure effective communication with internal and external customers
Associate degree and or relevant work experience
• Ability to define and deliver a superior customer experience
• Ability to quickly adapt to advancing product software and procedural changes
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work logically and quickly under pressure
• Work well in a collaborative team environment
• Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
• Understanding of basic network protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, SSH, HTTP, FTP.
• Experience with Linux (Preferably RHEL) and Open Source in an enterprise environment
• Understanding of Unix based Operating Systems and Proficient performing system administrative tasks using Linux command line
• Understanding of IP and LAN & WAN connectivity and administration
• Experience with Apache, Java/J2EE application servers (Including Tomcat, Resin, and JBoss), Ruby on Rails deployments, load balancers, PHP deployments, VMware, mail stacks, and email administration.
• Understanding of DNS and firewall security
• Previous systems administration experience
• Hands-on experience with basic database administration (MySQL, Postgres, etc)
• Basic understanding of common database query languages
• Basic understanding and/or experience with Apache
Contegix offers flexible benefits and a competitive compensation package that allows employees to make choices that fit their individual lifestyle.